GA Pig, Brunswick, GA

GA Pig, Brunswick, GA

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Roadside Rib Shack in Sarasota, FL

My lovely wife went out to get us the Roadside Sampler Platter as I had to work today. I wish we had been able to dine there because it was great and I would love to have checked it out in person.




The platter includes 4 ribs, 1/2 pound pulled pork, 1/4 chicken, 2 sides and cornbread. We chose Mac 'n cheese and greens. We split this and it was plenty of food. It was a terrific value. It comes without sauce so Mim picked up a sample of all 4 of their sauces. 3 very similar versions of a red sauce, sweet, spicy and regular and a nice mustard sauce. All were good, not great but no complaints. I haven't had a mustard sauce outside SC that I thought was worth eating and this one missed a bit and was a little too sweet. All, however, complemented the BBQ quite nicely.

None of this BBQ needed sauce, it was all perfectly cooked, smoked, porky and chicken BBQ goodness. None of the meats were buried in heavy rubs. The meats were of excellent quality and really fresh tasting. Definitely not yesterday's leftovers. Pulled pork is so very often dry and in my mind often incorrectly chopped or sliced. This was really juicy and succulent. I didn't catch any smoke but the flavor was terrific. I really liked it with the mustard sauce. The ribs had the tips on and were meaty, fall off the bone, juicy and flavorful.

I highly recommend you don't skip the Mac. This is some of the best I have had. It was creamy and caramelized on the top. It was just plain delicious. The greens were very good, many are undercooked and this was perfect. The corn muffin has too much white wheat flour. You can just skip it. I'll be back as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment